I am working on a new project were I am creating a vb script which will help me add/modify/delete multiple dns records HOST (A) and also creates an associated PTR record in a windows forest
I have found a script which adds multiple dns records for me sadly it doesn’t add the associated PTR records.
I am expecting to accomplish the following from the script
- script when executed should prompt for the server and the zone it should connect
- prompt for user name and password to connect to the windows DNS server such that the script will execute from a remote machine . without the user needing to login as Domain/DNS administrator
- prompt for the task to perform Add/deleted/modify
- Adding Host (A) record and the associated PTR record
- Delete the Host (A) record use the name not the IP. also it should through an error when IP is given as an input for deleting the host (A) record.
- modify should only take input as hostname
I am new to vb scripting so i am currently trying to enhance this script so that it will prompt for the DNS server & the zone to connect